Tailor | Seamstress | Cutter | Hand-beader
Well-rounded fashion designer familiar with the complete garment/product creation cycle, from concept to completion. Innovative and artistic professional with 20 years in the fashion industry.
Creative visionary well versed in apparel design and construction with a strong background in alterations, garment fittings, and sewing. Detail oriented and dedicated to surpassing client expectations. Highly organized with an ability to multi-task. A keen eye for detail. Passion for fashion and design.
Garment Construction, Hand and machine Sewing Draping, Hand-Beading, Tailoring, Fit comments, Sketching, Product development, Fabric Painting, Garment Fitting, Fabric Direction, Extensive fabric knowledge, Draping, Technical specs, Fashion research, Mood board development, Look Sheets, Sourcing, Dressing, Production coordinator, Knowledge of flat pattern making
Relevant Professional Experience
Custom Designer (1993 – present)
Experienced in many areas of design including stitching, dressing, fitting, sourcing, and construction. Make all garments from concept to completion for sizes 0-22; including ready-to-wear, suits, evening dresses and bridal gowns.
- Meet with clients for consultations.
- Sketch preliminary garments with detailed illustrations.
- Create design packages with detailed sketches and fabric/trim swatches
- Create custom fit muslin for initial fittings, turn muslin into a paper pattern.
- Strong knowledge of draping; some pattern making.
- Cut, stitch, and hand-bead / embellish garments.
- Skilled in garment construction and hand-sewing techniques.
- Conduct fittings with detailed notes for tailoring and garment alterations.
- Hand-paint garments.
- Understanding of textiles; woven, lace, tulle, etc…, synthetic and natural fibers.
- Extensive knowledge of various fabrications and sewing techniques.
- Hyper-organized, detail-oriented, adept at time management, positive attitude, team player.
- Strong knowledge of fabrics, swatching, sourcing, and communicating with vendors.
- Research, mood boards, look sheets, budgeting, fitting, fit comments, dressing, sketching,
- Built a reputation of credibility and responsiveness with vendors and clientele.
FILM & TV
Seamstress / Cutter / Hand-beader
“Doom Patrol” (2019)
Seamstress / Cutter. DC Comics / Warner Brothers
Costume Designer, Carrie Grace
Seamstress. HBO Films, Flavor Unit Entertainment, The Zanuck Company
Costume Designer, Michael T. Boyd
“Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman’s Scorn” – (2014)
Commissioned Seamstress. Tyler Perry Studios
Costume Designer, Christoper Opopo
“Mickey & Minnie Mouse” (1998)
Costume Designer. Disney World®, Florida
Commissioned Designer. UPN Network
“Living Single” (1995-1996)
Commissioned Designer, Fox Network
“A Different World “ (1992-1993)
Commissioned Designer, NBC Network
Celebrity Custom Designer
Vanessa Williams, (actress), Yolanda Adams (singer), Miriam Makeba (activist/singer), Marla Gibbs, (actress), Shanice (singer), Shari Headley (actress), EnVogue (singers), Queen Latifah (actress/singer), Angela Bassett (actress), Kim Coles (actress/comedian)